Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hippity Hop... the Easter Challenge is here!

As you know, the Etsy team I'm on is hosting monthly challenges and up tomorrow at 5pm PST is the Easter Challenge. My talented teammates are crafting up some Easter themed goodies and we'd love for you to go vote for your favorite. If you're over 18 and living in the us you could also win one of these lovelies by leaving a comment for us.

I wasn't going to enter but I had a lightbulb go off last minute and I cut up some pages from an old shorthand dictionary and made a recycled paper calla lily bouquet. I dyed the paper with hibiscus tea and hit the edges with pink prismacolor art markers. I also learned how to wrap a bouquet bridal-style with wide satin ribbon and pearl pins. It was pretty fun and just the first of many paper flower bouquets that I'll be putting together. I've already got a lot of interest in the paper roses and am making a corsage for my friends gallery opening in 5 weeks. Weee!

I'll see you all tomorrow with a fabulous interview with one of my newest Etsy favorites, good4you.

1 comment: