Thursday, January 22, 2009

Artist Interview: GudonyaToo

Lets kick off the weekend with another artist interview, shall we? Today's interview is with one of my favorite Etsy sellers for beauty products. I ran across GudonyaToo, a husband and wife shop, when searching for a natural shampoo and I've been back several times. I've asked Tina to answer a few of my questions to help us get to know her and her great products. Here is what she had to say:

Randi: What motivated you to start creating bath and beauty products, and how do you come up with your ideas?
Tina:
We used “handmade” soap and thought it was great! We did our research (the legal and government rule stuff too!), and massive amounts of testing and trials on family and friends, and then started selling. Our ideas come from all sorts of things…Like coffee shops, nature and from our customers. Doing custom orders for people gets the creativity level really high! The world is full of scents, good and bad, and the way people perceive them is even a bigger mystery! What one person might LOVE another might hate, so you do your best interpretation and hope it sells!

Randi: I've noticed that your shop is full of Vegan products (which I love), can you explain why you create them that way?
Tina:
Our favorite ingredients fit well with the Vegan lifestyle. I think that renewable plant products are a better resource than animal products. Although we are not strict Vegans ourselves, we do respect the lifestyle and hope we can make products that EVERYONE can use and enjoy!

Randi: What is your favorite product that you carry? What is your favorite scent?
Tina: As of right now, the Mocha Razz Salty Dawg Shampoo
Randi: Oh, man I love this stuff! I use Salty Dawg and salon shampoos can't even come close to how bouncy and shiny my hair is with this. The scents are yummy too and I can't wait to try your new ones.


Randi: Any big plans for the Gudonya Shop?
Tina:
Bunches of new scents (hopefully a Men’s line), some new products are being tested, and spinning off the hair care products (with new stuff being added) on a new Etsy shop!
Randi: Coming soon, check out Tina & Brian's new shop that will house their haircare line- including the awesome Salty Dawg Shampoo.

Randi:When you're not creating awesome beauty products, what can you be found doing?
Tina:
Family time, and of course all of the daily work that is put off due to the business…Sometimes there is not enough hours in the day!

Randi: You've managed an amazing 11,000+ sales on Etsy. Any advice for other folks out there?
Tina: Unique products at GREAT prices! STAND OUT! It is the only way to sell!

Randi: Name 5 blogs that you're following right now.
Tina:
I have to admit that the time is just not there to follow much of anything, sorry!
Randi: Oh, man. Ok, I'll cut you some slack considering you're a crazy busy gal and I'm new to blogs myself. :)

Randi: Name your top 5 favorite Etsy Shops.
Tina:

http://tiddlyinks.etsy.com
http://blackbriar.etsy.com
http://Rodeomau.etsy.com
http://rabbitholeonline.etsy.com
http://BeeDazzlesPendants.etsy.com

And now, some of my favorites from Tina and Brian's shop.





Half Round Bar Soap, Coconut Pineapple









"Baby Legs" Shaving Soap Rounds, Spa Fusion










Intense Hair Conditioner Wild Strawberry Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment